In this day and age, racial discrimination should not be as prevalent or exist at all in the work place. Sadly, this is the case even though racial discrimination is prohibited under California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act. The Orange County Employment Lawyer at The Law Office of George Moschopoulos, APC can assist you if you experience such discrimination.
You may experience discrimination in one of the following manners:
- Getting passed up for a promotion;
- Getting fired;
- Getting Demoted;
- Not getting hired for a position that you are qualified for; or
- Being treated differently from other similarly situated employees.
Very rarely will an employer directly state that the reason for discrimination is a person’s race. More often than note, an employer keeps its true motives for discrimination under wraps. What are some signs that you were subject to discrimination?
- An employer may make comments about your race;
- An employer hires someone who is of a different race even though you are qualified for the position;
- Being treated differently from other similarly situated employees;
A pattern of unequal treatment such as the ones listed above can indicate racial discrimination. If you think you were discriminated against because of your race, call The Law Office of George Moschopoulos, APC for a FREE 30-minute phone consultation. We stand against discrimination and help protect rights of California employees.